Sales up sharply in first 9 months of 2012
EDF Group sales over the first nine months of 2012 stood at €52 billion, up 10.2% compared with the same period in 2011, of which 6.6% was organic growth.
- 9M 2012 sales: €52bn, i.e. +10.2% versus 2011
- France: nuclear output impacted by outage extensions
- 295 TWh, -6.2% versus 9M 2011
- New 2012 output target: ≈410 TW
- UK: high level of nuclear output
- 45 TWh, +3.7% versus 9M 2011
- New 2012 output target: 57-60 TW
- 2012 financial objectives confirmed
More details in the Press Release
The EDF Group, one of the leaders in the European energy market, is an integrated energy company active in all areas of the business: generation, transmission, distribution, energy supply and trading. The Group is the leading electricity producer in Europe. In France, it has mainly nuclear and hydraulic production facilities where 96.5% of the electricity output is CO2-free. EDF's transmission and distribution subsidiaries in France operate 1,285,000 km of low and medium voltage overhead and underground electricity lines and around 100,000 km of high and very high voltage networks. The Group is involved in supplying energy and services to approximately 27.9 million customers in France. The Group generated consolidated sales of € 65.3 billion in 2011, of which 43.1% was achieved outside of France. EDF is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange and is a member of the CAC 40 index.